- UI & UX design[100%]
- Systems Design[90%]
- User research[80%]
- t Y p O g R a P h Y[100%]
- Rocky Mountain College of Art & DesignB.F.A. Communications Design
- University of Northern ColoradoB.A. Graphic Design
- WordCamps Europe, US, NYC, SF, & more
- Develop Denver
Chromatic: Senior Product Designer – 2021-NOW
Improve the UX of the web.
Automattic: Product Designer – 2013-2020
Collaborate with a team to design and build improved WordPress experiences with powerful features growing the user base and increasing annual recurring revenue.
- Designed popular products serving millions of people worldwide.
- Worked in concert with engineers, researchers, and designers to redesign and rebuild entire interfaces including WordPress.com, Jetpack, and WordPress’s new block-based editor, Gutenberg.
- Designed, engineered, and maintained design system components for WordPress.com and Jetpack reducing design debt, speeding up prototyping, and resulting in a cohesive product experience.
- Transformed Jetpack from a free product into a highly profitable plugin for Automattic and its partners bringing in millions in annual recurring revenue.
- Conducted qualitative research and gathered quantitative data resulting in clear understanding of customer needs and informed design decisions.
WordPress: Core Committer – 2012-Present
Volunteer design and code to aid the WordPress community and advance the goal of democratizing publishing.
- Led the design of product releases and product features delivering improvements to WordPress (powering 40% of the web).
- Organized and conducted online and in-person WordPress events.
- Designed identity systems and collateral for WordCamps across the US.
State of Colorado: Graphic Designer – 2012-2013
Work with a small team to make major design improvements to the interactive and print products produced by the state.
- Designed and produced websites, printed collateral, and identity systems for internal and external clients.
- Audited hundreds of pages on the website removing redundant/outdated content resulting in an improved user experience.